Events of great historical importance to the German-Russian peoples have taken place in recent years, including the collapse of the former Soviet Union and the massive emigration of ethnic Germans (the so-called "Spät-Aussiedler") to Germany. These events, plus the opening of previously closed Soviet archives, have triggered an upsurge of interest in the history and culture of the German-Russian peoples.
This section of the Odessa library is devoted to in-depth analyses and explorations of some of these issues. The intent is to present articles of a more scholarly nature. Materials submitted for posting should meet standard academic requirements and conventions for proper documentation.
Roland M. Wagner, Editor
J. Otto Pohl...
Roland M. Wagner...
- German Farming Achievements in the Black Sea Region, Population and Economy, 1825 by Hans Rempel
- Translator's Preface: Some Reflections on Hans Rempel's German Farming Achievements in the Black Sea Region, Population and Economy, 1825
- Some Reflections on the Ostforschung and its Critics: Implications for Assessing the Literature on the Germans from Russia
- A Discussion of Local Government in the German Colonies of the Black Sea Region
Kenneth A. Vogele...
- Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases: German-Russians and the Influenza Epidemic of 1918-19 as Seen Through the Pages of the Scotland, SD Citizen-Republican Newspaper
Back to Odessa